Spread the Worm has three main tasks we help facilitate.
- Compost. Happy worms grow and breed!
- Share. When there are too many, give some to a friend.
- Track. Get the stats of your compost progress and your friends’.
- Compost. Compost following all the rules and guidelines so that the worms are thriving. We provide an in depth guide as well as a lot of resources and videos to learn from.
- Sharing. Happy worms will breed, and could double their population within three months. At that point, you can donate some of your worms away to a friend. It is recommended to start a bin with at least 50 worms (which should be enough to fit into one cup). We have a database where you can connect with people who are giving worms or need worms.
- Track. Update your profile and also be sure to include any new compost bins your friends may have your friends’. The “vermy tree” will include statistics of you and your friends’ composting progress. Each time you give away worms, the bigger your tree gets. Eventually when your friends share their worms, you will be able to track their progress too. Ideally, your vermy tree will double in size every few months. See the power of numbers making a tangible difference in our world!